David Heeney to speak at the Burlington United Nations Day Speaker Session
When: October 24, 2010
Where: Burlington, Ontario
United Nations Day is celebrated every year on October 24 to mark the anniversary of the entry into force of the United Nations Charter on October 24, 1945. It has traditionally been marked throughout the world by meetings, discussions and exhibits on the achievements and goals of the Organization.
The City of Burlington is celebrating UN Day in 2010 with a speaker session organized by The Burlington Mundialization Committee. The session will be held at the Tansley Woods Community Centre and will feature speakers on environmental, social and economic issues.
David Heeney, President of IndEco, will be speaking on the UN's Millenium Development Goal (MDG) Goal #7 which deals with environmental issues, and planetary boundaries.
- Burlington United Nations Day Speaker Session: agenda, speakers and other information
- Burlington UN Day poster
- Directions to Tansley Woods Community Centre
- The Burlington Mundialization Committee
Millenium Development Goals
- MDG website
- MDG basics, including the goals, targets and indicators
- MDG progress report (2010)
- Report on Canada's contribution
- Design Science Lab -- designing solutions for global and local problems